Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Why I'm Feeling Safer These Days

Brent, Jordan, Steve and Scott just got back from an intensive four day course at Front Sight firearms training school in Pahrump, Nevada. The name Pahrump really evokes images of a classy little town, does it not? Front Sight teaches you how to use a variety of guns (pistols, shotguns, rifles, automatic assault weapons, etc.) in a variety of situations (self-defense, family protection, etc.) Brent brought home one of the targets that they used during training to show me how they could save me in a hostage situation. Note how they've blown away my "abductors" while missing my face entirely, with inches to spare. Now that would bring peace of mind to ANY girl, would it not? While the guys were away, the girls did play. We did a shopping day at the outlets in Park City, ate some good food, watched movies (mostly Tarzan and Tangled which are Lucy's current favorites), went for walks, and did lots of visiting. The only thing that we were shooting was the breeze (and the occassional photo).
A lazy Sunday afternoon, visiting out in the courtyard.
Rachel, Adelaide, Lucy, Kalli and Laura.
Til next time.

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Your girls are all so cute, sounds like a very fun weekend.

I had to go back and read about the target more closely. At first glance I thought, "How rude! They wrote her name on the target!" :) Good to know you will be safe in a hostage situation...

Lisa said...

My father in law loves frontsight and got lifetime memberships for all the boys! He broght targets home last time and I have to say I'm pretty good. :) I'm glad I don't have to go to Pahrump for more training! Miss you tons! I can't wait for Annie's homecoming!

Bear of Very Little Brain said...

Good heavens, when it rains it pours on your blog. There HAS been a dry spell here but not horrible - not owing to your doing nothing, owing to your doing everything, too much, SO MUCH you can't find time to write! I've been tracking you mentally and emotionally and it's time I got on here and read the real thing, eh!? YAY! Love the pics and the newsy news. You're so rich in family . . . today you're with your other kids (and mine) prolly packing. Don't envy you this. We DO have lots to catch up on when you get home, but it may be in August as far as I can see. 'Less we get over for dinner one night and you and I can get into a corner far from the madding crowd and talk fast! Take care my sweet friend - have loved being here to read about your adventures!