Monday, July 18, 2011

Why I don't like Greek taxi drivers today

Seriously? Really? Here we are in our cruise ship in port in Athens, Greece unable to leave the ship because the taxi drivers have called a strike and blockaded the port, the airport and all the major tourist attractions. We are within a FEW MILES of the Acropolis, the Parthenon, etc. and we can't even get off the boat because of security issues. So here we sit, playing multiple games of hearts, within spitting distance of ancient history, while the taxi drivers bring the Greek government to it's knees. Oy. Opa. Out.

3 comments:

Jenette said...

Aggravating! Hope it all works out so you can see all that you want to see. Eat a gyro--or whatever delicious things real Greeks eat--for me. In the meantime, shoot the moon, Sandra.

Sandra and Brent said...

Actually, we only had one day to spend in Athens and we never made it in. Our ship pulled away from port over an hour ago and our hopes of seeing the Parthenon faded away. AND I missed shooting the moon by a breath because I wasn't paying attention to what was going on. It's all so tragic, isn't it? Not. I'll just watch a good travel show about Athens sometime.

Dana said...

So sorry for you! Hope the rest of the trip is awesome! I know I don't even have to ask for you to take lots of pictures. Just can't wait to see them!