Is there anything better than the fall . . . cooler temperatures, fantastic leaf displays, the harvest moon, carmel apples, apple and pumpkin desserts, leaves swirling off the trees and crunching under your feet . . . I love the fall. There's a little verse by George Eliot that really sums it up for me:
Delicious Autumn!
My very soul is wedded
to it.
And if I were a bird
I would fly about the earth
seeking the successive
Autumns.
Brent and I checked out the second annual "balloon stampede" on Antelope Island. They were having problems with uncooperative breezes but a couple of brave "ballooners" finally gave it a go. Beautiful.
Here we all are on the big cougar in front of Lavell Edwards stadium in Provo, Utah after the BYU spanked UCLA. This is a happy group of people. Now UCLA . . . now, you don't! BYU football is an essential part of autumn for this family!
Jars and jars of pear-applesauce! I've done quite a bit of canning this fall . . . pear-applesauce, peaches and lots of grape juice from the bunches and bunches of grapes that grew on our arbor this year. So, I like the "preparedness" feeling of home canning but we all know that when the "big earthquake" hits us here in Utah, my jars and jars of fruit are going to end up in a million shards on the fruit room floor! Whatever. I'm still going to can, so there!
For some reason, this program isn't letting me add any more images to this post so I'll wrap this one up and try again!



1 comment:
oh sandra, how cool! and don't talk earthquake, right? these jars are probably sealed in heaven with all other good things! how luscious! and I'm jealous.
Post a Comment