View off the back deck looking southwest.
On Sunday, Dec. 7th it was about sixty degrees and the sun was shining brightly. It looked more like October than December. Great day for a brisk walk up the mountain (which Scott and Rachel did). Monday, we woke up to cold drizzling rain which quickly turned to snow. This morning we woke up to a dazzling winter landscape . . . bright sunshine and very cold temperatures. All of you who know me know that I love a little drama in the weather and I definitely got it yesterday! I have to admit, however, that I'm very sad to see the gorgeous fall landscape disappear. Change in the weather is, of course, inevitable just as change in our lives is. I guess the trick is to be open to the beauty in each seasonBrent and Annie and I are looking forward to a Christmas trip to Minnesota this year (where they have some REAL winter). It will be fun to spend Christmas with little ones who are still wide eyed about Santa and Rudolph, etc.

Brent attempting a G.Q. pose against the wreathed "rameumptom". When we built our house and I saw our mailbox for the first time I was absolutely horrified by how big and towering it was. The first word that came to my mind was presumptuous and the second was rameumptom! And thus it was that it became known, to all the people of the house of Hale, as the Rameumptom. And I lie not.



6 comments:
Hey mom, I have been loving all of your posts lately! Someday... like next week I will have time (i think) to make a new post! Anyways Steve and I are jealous are the season changes you get to see in utah! Today was finally the first day that was able to wear and sweater and walk outside and feel chilly! We miss you and can't wait to see you soon!
Hey Sandra, I found you! It's fun to see how well all of your family is doing. Also, anyone I've mentioned it to thinks that Old n' Bloggin' would be an awesome title for a blog. If you don't snatch it up, someone else probably will. Thanks for helping take care of Mom and Dad, it is all very appreciated.
Thank you for posting some Utah snow pictures. Winter just isn't winter without snow anymore. I am finding it hard to get totally in the Christmas spirit without cold and snow. One day we will be back. Mark my words!
I'm with chrissy old n' bloggn fits;)
ps i do know how to get into your blog account maybe I'll change it!
Love the GQ pose.
Oh Sandra! This is Emily Ancell, in case you didn't know my married name. I'm so glad I found your blog (through a round about way I came across it)! How have you been? You're looking great. If you want to visit our blog it's at: www.hartvigsens.blogspot.com
I'd love to hear from you. :)
Post a Comment