Friday, March 27, 2009

Back in Utah

So here I am with that oh, so familiar feeling of being completely lost in time and space. Didn't I wake up in St. Louis Park, Minnesota yesterday morning and spend the day with my grandchildren and eat PeiWei take-out food and almost kiss Noah's cheeks right off his face and play a game of scrabble with Mike (which, by the way, I won. He said it didn't count as a win because we didn't finish the game but I'm claiming the win. It's my turn . . . he shellacked me four games in a row the last time I was there). I'm sure that all of that happened so how did I wake up in my bed in Centerville, Utah this morning? It starts to feel a little surreal after a while. Hello again, good-bye again, so good to see you, so hard to leave you, so sad to say good-bye, so happy that I got to spend time with you, such a treat to sleep in this morning with no one to tell me that it's "wakey time", so sad to wake up this morning and realize that you were all hundreds of miles away from me again. I'm learning to live with my heart in pieces.
Here's a couple of parting shots of my little ones.
Erin picking up Abbie at the bus stop across the street from their house, after school. Abbie loves riding the bus.
A rare shot of Landon. He loves to hide his face when you're trying to take his picture so the timing has to be spot on. Abbie loves her new hat. I got it for her for our upcoming Lake Powell trip . . . the chin strap is to keep it on her head while in Papa's boat, but even if it blows off . . . it floats!
Abbie and Landon finishing off their dad's can of pop. It was a pretty intense race to see who could suck up the most!
This picture is an illustration of Abbie and Landon's favorite foods to eat . . . noodles with butter and parmesan for Abbie (with a vegetable that doesn't seem too much like a vegetable) and chicken nuggets and brocolli for Landon. Honest . . . he loves brocolli. I mentioned to Abbie that she really needed to include more "live" food in her diet and she said to her dad "Grandma's all about nutritious food, isn't she?" Mike responded that I'd been brainwashed by Papa. Last but not least, sweet little Noah. See how he's pleading and begging me to stay. "Please don't go Grandma. I promise not to blow out any more diapers".

Thank's so much to all of you who indulged this Old Blogger and left comments on my last blog. It was just good to know that someone actually read all this stuff. Love ya all.

5 comments:

Steve and Kalli said...

Mom- you are so cute. I love you to death! I bought my cap and gown yesterday for graduation, and my announcements are being made. Wierd huh! But it means you will be here soon!

Jillian said...

What a great trip! I read your blog, too ... I'm just terrible at leaving comments.

As a side note, I was reading through the recipes on the side of your blog and I have to say that I will never look at your Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnut Appetizers the same way again. At Thanksgiving they were sitting on the counter waiting for their turn in the oven when someone that wasn't familiar with them popped one in their mouth. I think Ammon and I were the only ones that saw it happen and we were both dying. Ammon was dying because he was trying not to laugh, and I was dying because it looked like more than one was missing and that they were just popping raw bacon in their mouth one after the other! Gross gross GROSS!!!

The Walkers said...

I'm just jealous that you got to see those kids again. I haven't even met Noah yet! sniff. I'm glad you caught such a cute picture of Landon. Glad you have home. There is no more food in the fridge.

Hale-O There said...

The kids are sooo cute- sounds like and eventful trip. I hope Scott and I have adorable kids like Mike and Erin. That's pretty cool you found your relatives gravesides. We really missed you while you were gone, guess I realize that I'm one of the lucky ones that gets you close by most of the year.
love,
rach
ps you're winning the Hale family brackets!

Bear of Very Little Brain said...

hello my friend, you're a great read! uh, ooh, the pics of our grandkids can't be right-clicked and saved - could you let me come over (when I get there May 27) and kife them like I did the Christmas pics? oh please? these babies need to be shared!!! sorry for your snow and hooray for a good book recommendation and i'll keep in touch! calzone recipe coming up. love ya.