We splurged and bought some King crab legs at Costco for Sunday dinner. Steamed with melted butter . . . mmmm. Abbie and Landon were pretty fascinated by these bad boys and wanted to pose with them. Made me nervous . . . I was afraid someone might lose an eye to one of those sharp, pointy things on the ends of the legs.
A late afternoon romp in the snow. Noah crawled all over the backyard in his snowsuit and Binford 2000 ski mittens. He was as happy as a baby polar bear who'd finally been let out of his cave!
Abbie and Landon with their next door neighbors, Isabelle and Alex. 
I think everyone was ready to just cut loose and play hard. The Minnesota winters get very long.
We spent and evening at the Great Mall of America. Abbie can get a great pose going, even when she's driving a bumper car!
All smiles at the mall.
A huge, freaky butterfly in the live butterfly exhibit at the mall. It has a wing span of about 12 inches. Look at the tops of the wings . . . what do you see? I see two snakes, looking away from eachother. Amazing.
What's better then a splashy bath and making soapy goatees . . .
Or dipping graham crackers in milk until they're nice and soggy . . .
Or having a popsicle fest . . .
Or working on a craft on a cold afternoon. Abbie is quite the crafter. She gets this from her Nana Holbrook and her mom, NOT me. I freely admit to being craft challenged!
Time for Grandma to head back to Utah. One last shot with the kids. I mustered a smile but my heart was breaking.
The Minnesota Five. Oh, how I love this little family!
Abbie and Landon were involved in an unfortunate altercation on the way home from dinner at Eddinton's restaurant, earlier that evening, and this was the consquence. Abbie was in another corner in the living room. See ya later kids . . . it was a small slice of heaven!



3 comments:
Oh my, here I am minutes, really minutes before heading to the airport to go to Arky to see the grandkids and spend more than week with Brad. Dana's outta here on a girls' trip . . . and I KNOW, sure as I live and breathe and am a grandma, I'll be hurting when I have to come home. Not with the whine flu, with heartbreak like you've been getting over for a week (along with those other sickies, sorry). This post almost makes me cry. Happily I have a sunny day and a trip ahead of me and arms to rush into in a few hours. OH, but the giving all that up at the end hurts. I HATE that part and hope you're feeling all the way better! My love to you, I love to be here. Nat
. . . couldn't go without commenting on the pics. Love Noah in the snow, and Abbie crafting and, well, Landon in the corner was kind of a tear jerker. I think you're the best grandma on the planet and sooooo glad you keep me posted. Back at'cha when I go, eh?
Very cute pics! And I wanna know how you got so many good smiles out of Mr. Landon?? I'm betting there was bribery involved...
Goodbyes are the worst...
Post a Comment