Now, about the bookstore:
Recipe for enchantment . . . take lots of great children's books, mix with cats, a chicken, chinchillas, mourning doves and parrots and add in lots of comfy old armchairs. I love the Wild Rumpus bookstore! Mike and Erin have taken me there a couple of times before when I've visited and I've never tired of it. This is the place of my childhood dreams. Lots of books, cozy nooks and crannies everywhere and clouds painted on the ceilings. There's a little child sized purple door within the regular entrance door and the mirror over the bathroom ceiling is a fish tank. Had to get a thing or two there, of course (I mean the store, not the fish tank). Itsy Bitsy Spider, Curious George counting book, and does anyone remember the book "Tikki Tikki Tembo"? 
Erin, cozied up with the boys and reading a dinosaur book, Landon's current fascination.
These mourning doves were cooing away while we were in the store.
Comfy old chair to curl up in and read a book or two.
Landon loves books about dinosaurs or dragons.
Now, don't you just want to go into this place and browse ?
The chicken and the cat in this picture had a stand-0ff going but had kind of lost interest by the time I got my camera out to get this photo.

A closer look at the chicken (rooster?). He (she?) pretty much hung around the clerks so as not to be plucked by an enthusiastic young shopper,



4 comments:
That store looks amazing! I could definitely while away an hour or six there. :) Looks like you are having a great time with those cute grand babies!
Yes I do just want to go exploring in that store! And by the way, love the music on your blog too!
This looks like your dream day! I love this bookstore-- it kind of reminds me of the shop around the corner in You've Got Mail. Well everything except the animals :) Love ya!
I'm with Kalli. That store totally looks like the Shop Around the Corner. Maybe you should start an enchanting little book store too. You could be the story grandma!
Post a Comment