Okay . . . I'm seriously ready to do serious bodily harm to someone . . . I don't care who! I've just spent one and half fruitless hours on FIRST: a laptop and SECOND: Mike and Erin's downstairs computer trying to get a blog post out. I won't bore you with the details of the laptop freezing up, my inability to figure out how to move pictures off my camera and into files on EITHER of these computers or the long list of other problems I've encountered INCLUDING the fact that Erin is embroiled in a power struggle with Mike and refuses to learn how to do any of these things either and therefore can't teach me! Aaauuuggghhh! I have managed to extract a few photos that were taken in landscape orientation (because I apparently haven't got permission to rotate portrait style photos on this computer since Mike installed Windows 7) so I will go with these three photos to begin with until Mike gets home (poor guy . . . he has no idea what he's about to walk into . . . I'm rabid at this point).
So lets go to a happier train of thought . . . I'm so excited to be here in Minnesota with Mike, Erin and Abbie, Landon and Noah. Today is beautiful and sunny and almost toasty warm (for Minnesota) a balmy 45 degrees! I love every sticky kiss, every giant hug, every "Look at me Grandma", every moment reading, playing monster, visiting and in general just being together. Brent would love to be here with me and can't because he's home working his butt off so that I CAN be here. Thanks honey . . . I really am grateful.

Erin and I took the boys to the rec center here where they have the most awesome play area for toddlers and preschool kids. Here is Landon being Mr. Crossing Guard/Cop.

This is Abbie getting ready for school this morning. I have several photos of her (portrait orientation . . . grrrr) in a pink, princessy little dress that she wore today. They are doing a Dr. Suess week in school and everyone was supposed to come dressed up as a favorite storybook character today. Abbie chose to be Pinkalicious and she was indeed, PINKALICIOUS! I guess even girls who are pinkalicious have to brush their teeth before they go to school. Sigh.

Here's Noah and I at the Rec Center, having a jolly old time. Check out all the little cars, truck, three wheelers, etc. in the background. I wonder if we have something like this at the Bountiful Rec Center.
More to come when I get my technological crap together. Peace out.
4 comments:
Good to know! I just left a voicemail on your home phone this morning. My husband Scott would like to get in contact with Brent about Masters Programs. I seem to remember Brent doing something related to Industrial/Organizational Psychology... Scott is looking to learn about the outcomes of that degree or just connect with someone who has done it before he delves into that world!
And, have fun with the fam of course!
Hey you, I'm laughing my head off! Windows 7 is a pretty hard case to crack - (good luck Mike, you're mom's on one today). But I KNOW how frustrating it is to be on someone else's laptop or PC trying to do your thing. Thanks for the pics you DID get posted. Of course they're already saved in the picture file - they're wonderful. How come you look so good for a grandma, Sandra? You are teaching me all the time how to be so great with our grandkids . . . I'll keep looking here for further updates. By the way, where are you sleeping? On the couch? Landon's bed? Just wonderin'. Love, Nat
Mom, don't be too hard on yourself. You're doing pretty good for a 53 year old who blogs. :) I'm glad you're having fun with those munchkins. Say hi to everyone for me.
Post a Comment