

I don't know if it's the weather, or daylight savings time (does anyone besides me get messed up by dst?), or massive hormonal disruptions, or what, but I feel like I've been in a major funk for weeks. Perhaps it's that Steve finally put me out of my misery and won our infamous game of on-line scrabble, 508 to 388 (see last post if you're not familiar with the whole "touzle" debacle). Or maybe I've missed my little dog, Calvin, more than I anticipated that I would . . . I know for SURE that I've really missed my Annie girl. What I DO know is that I've been spending a lot of time either riding my broomstick (sorry Brent) or staring off into space trying to get my bearings. My house is a mess, my laundry piled high, my paperwork pile coming dangerously close to being measured in feet, not inches and there are two flats of pansies out on my porch that have needed planting for about two weeks. There are things growing in my refrigerator that are starting to look like alien life forms. They wave at me when I open the fridge door and say "ninner, ninner". Sigh. If I had four children under the age of seven, like I did when I was 28 years old, then perhaps I'd feel somewhat justified in my torpor but I don't! The answer to this, of course, is to load the dishwasher (there's nothing more exhausting than a dirty kitchen), put in a load of wash and get on the treadmill and walk my buns off while watching an episode of season five of "Lost". That will help. But not right now. I think I'll go to bed instead. I promise to have pulled myself by my bra straps by the next time that I post. Til next time . . .



5 comments:
Just Keep Smiling... It helps hold up the bra straps. :) Your Wonderful!
Injury to insult, snow in April! By the looks of it a squall and a big mess. Sorry your paperwork's piling up like the snow - hopefully your dishes aren't. There's no prescription for spring fever except sun. Flowers help - can you go to your nearest hothouse on a field trip? Come south for a week; come see me and we'll both feel extremely better! But if not that I guess you and all of Utah've gotta wait it out. I know you're missing Calvin and Annie (oops, maybe not in that order) - empty nesting is weird. Some good days, I mean years, and awful some. I didn't sign up for it. There's drooping involved. Sounds like you didn't either. DO keep smiling and say something to yourself like the following: It is well with my soul. Or maybe just pshaw. (From the Urban Dictionary: 1. a word used to express a feeling of disbelief 2. a word used when you don't know what else to say 3. an expression showing complete and utter boredom with whomever may be speaking.) My love :) N
Sandra,
I love you! You are the best! Maybe what you need is a Jerusalem party. We are having one tonight in South Jordan and I'm sure everyone would love to see you and Brent. Let me know if you want to come so I can get the directions to you. :)
<3 Lisa
amen, amen, amen. Maybe we're both riding the same lame hormone train. I've been in a bit of a funk myself. I think Natalie is right--we just need the sun to come out and stay out! Or maybe a nice mother-daughter weekend. :)
It's okay to sag once in awhile, even for a season, but if they don't perk up by May I'll schedule a lift for you, bra straps aren't always reliable.
Post a Comment