Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Centerville 6th Ward Relief Society Summer Potluck

Here is just one of the reasons why I love Relief Society . . . the women's auxiliary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and the largest women's organization in the world. The summer potluck!
The Relief Society summer potluck at Ilene King's home. Ilene has a grove of oak trees where they've built a patio . . . perfect for summer evening dining.

Everyone brought something to share . . . salads, casseroles, breadsticks, desserts, whatever and it was all yummy. I tried to take just a bite of everything but I still ran out of room on my plate. That's our Relief Society president, Marsha, in front. A great friend to all. Lined up behind her are Jean, Emily, Michelle and Ilene.
Relief Society is for women from 18 years to 118 years. In this photo there are three generations of women from the same family . . . Tammy (mom), Dianne (grandma) and Camille (daughter and granddaughter). They may be from different generations but they're all my friends. Behind them are two more great friends, Nedra and RoJeanne.
On the left is my friend and neighbor, Joyce. Darla and Tami, on the right spent about five minutes making sure there wasn't any lettuce or spinach stuck in their teeth before they let me take this photo! Good job girls . . . your dazzling smiles are as clean as a whistle! Hiding way in the the back is Rachelle who is no doubt happy to have a couple of hours to just chat with the girls while someone else put the kids to bed.
Speaking of which . . .
Laura and Jordan were out for the evening with friends so I left Lucy with Brent while I went to the R.S. potluck. When I came home this is what I found . . . Brent with a duck on his head watching Monday night football,
and Lucy having a grand time pulling all the DVD's out of the entertainment center!

Hey, you got a problem with the way I babysit? You bond your way, and I'll bond mine!
Our summer has been an absolute whirlwind of events, trips, etc. and when I get another minute I'll post a few of the HUNDREDS of photos that Brent and I have taken between us. Just wanted you to know that I was still around, even though I've been absent from the blogging world for awhile. While I was gone, I notice that my blog background disappeared as well as several photos. Hmmmm . . . anyone know anything about this? I'll have to get Laura or Rachel to show me how to get my background back. Til next time . . .

5 comments:

Bear of Very Little Brain said...

Clearly you got your background back . . . don't you hate when that happens? It's why I had to change up my blog template last week. Anyway, SO soooo good to have you home again and writing. I've MISSED your news and chatty self terribly. I'll check back here for your other hundred pics or so - get 'em posted. Dying to see! Love you

The Walkers said...

Mom, it's good to have you back in the blogging world. Oh wait, I guess I haven't been much of a joiner lately either. Here's to fall and getting back into routines! Loved the duck on dad's head.

Mike and Erin Hale said...

You should post that picture of len and dad at the waterfall that makes len look like a giant and dad look like a midget.

Six Girls and One Boy said...

Sandra,
Thanks for telling me about your blog. You do a great job of blogging. I just love being able to share my happy moments with my friends and family, too.

Hale-O There said...

Where to start? I love the picture of lucy on the boat, not that she is crying, but just the situation seems to happen to every boating baby at least once. Also priceless is the pic of you three gals tubing, although I think you held back on us, I recall seeing a much funnier photo of that! The best story of your blog is the gas! ha ha how haven't I heard about that yet. Like father like son, Scott is frequently rolling in on fumes or leaving me with his empty gas tank(without notice) gotta love those Hale Men!