1. Greek food from My Greek or Eleni's
2. Great fish and chips from C-Lover's seafood restaurant
3. Playing cards . . . cribbage, thump thump, Rook, hearts, whatever
4. Mom's great cabbage rolls and her bacon and "dippy" eggs. The best anywhere.
5. Dad's great homemade bread (except this time the bread machine is broken)
6. Family dinners (followed by card games)
7. Hanging with my siblings, their spouses and my nieces and nephews and gathering big hugs.
8. Mom finishing up the day by doing the crossword in the paper.
9. Dad watching the news (morning and evening) and reading the newspaper cover to cover.
10. Matteo (nephew) growing at least an inch or two between every visit.
11. Mike (brother), provoking me into a boxing match (which I don't have a prayer of winning)!
12. Going for a walk in Heritage Park, Mission with one or both of my siblings, their spouses and their dogs.
13. In the summer, sitting in mom and dad's beautiful backyard (which is up against a rain forest) and visiting or playing a game or two of Bacci.
14. In the winter, watching a game or two of hockey on T.V.
15. Watching old family slides . . . I never get tired of it.
16. A trip or two to the Canadian Superstore for groceries.
17. Sometimes a walk in the rain forest with dad if the weather is good.
18. Rain.
The only thing that I don't like about my trips to Canada is the frequency . . . they just don't happen often enough. And they pass way too quickly. Til next time.



2 comments:
Awww, now you've got me all homesick for Canada. Pretty sure you nailed all things that can be expected in the Great White North. I wish I was there!! Give everyone hugs for me, and tell Dave I love the do.
I agree with Laura, it sounds so great up there. You listed a whole bunch of things I have grown to love since joining your family. I could imagine it all going on. We miss you, or I do since Scott works and works and works.
Have fun!
Post a Comment