Time for a trip to the great, white north. Actually, the more accurate description of where we are is the great, green southwest . . . the lower mainland of British Columbia, Canada. I'm enjoying some time with Scott, Rachel and Adelaide and my Canadian family.

At the airport . . . look closely and you'll see that Scott tagged Adelaide's binky, just in case we misplaced her.

First time for our little Adde-baby on an airplane. She was a champ . . . slept the entire way!

Made it through customs . . . happy to have arrived!

Navigating through the Vancouver International airport. I nominate this photo for the "husband of the year" award!

Great Grandma Ursaki with Adelaide. Everytime Adelaide looks at my mom she breaks out in the biggest smile. It's really precious.

This little girl LOVES to hike. Scott and Rach schlep her around in this baby-backpack all the time. She's all bundled up for a walk through the rain forest behind my parents' home (in the rain).

With me mum and dad and their front porch.

Hiking in the rain forest. It's so beautiful in there . . . ferns, dogwoods, Hemlock trees, Douglas Firs . . .

Cedars, little streams . . .

little "bear cubs" . . . actually, there are black bears in this forest. They wander out of the forest, occasionally, into my parents' back yard. What they leave behind has to be removed with a large shovel!

A little peek at Mundy Lake . . . my friends used to cut school sometimes and come here for a swim . . . not me.


Celebrating Rach's birthday at Eleni's Greek restaurant in Mission (where my brother and sister and families live).

Mom with Jessica, Matteo and Rachel (my brother's daughter, Rachel, that is).

At my sister's place for cupcakes (gluten free!) and ice cream. Adelaide was entranced with the birthday candles.

Happy Birthday to you!!

Dave and Erin holding the pups, Adelaide and Zoey.

A commonly seen threesome . . . Scott, Adelaide and the laptop.

My entire family (of origin). Dad, Mom, me, Mike and Elaine. One of these days we're gong to come to blows, Mike, over this whole "screwing up photos" thing!

Okay, big sister . . . I'll be good but I don't have to like it!
2 comments:
Thanks for such a grand birthday day. It was splendid and I loved how the day played out. I think you should give Mike a swirly since you are his big sis and all;)
Looks like you guys are having a grand old time. I love Adelaide's face at the airport. i'll bet they are loving that baby.
Post a Comment