
My love of autumn started a long time ago with a mom who adored the fall and everything about it. We grew some pretty awesome pumpkins in our garden in Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada.

I LOVE Gardner village in the fall and this year I loved taking Lucy to see the witches and feed the ducks. I get to hang with Lucy on BYU home game days.

Our annual leaf peeping drive through the Alpine Loop. We usually take a pot of chili and a pan of brownies and have a fall picnic supper along the way.

This was taken at Cascade Springs. Lucy had such a good time.

More photos from Cascade Springs.


Scott and Rach weren't able to go leaf peeping with us this year but I did get this shot of them with Adelaide on the first official day of fall at a wedding reception that was held, partly, in our back yard. Adelaide's smile is just priceless.

Scott and Rach do a lot of hiking and they take Adelaide with them in a backpack designed to carry little ones. After one such hike, they came over to our house and this is how they had her bundled up against the cold. Hilarious!

So, I can't rightly say that I love this aspect of the fall, but every year we get one or two tarantulas in our yard or garage. Apparently they're on the look-out for a mate. We found this one in our garage a couple of days ago.

I love my vegetable garden in the fall. Lucy and I spent some time together, tonight, just wandering around and seeing what was still growing.

We harvested all of our Jack-Be-Little pumpkins,

picked a few cherry tomatoes,

admired the lone sunflower plant that was turning golden in the sunset,

checked out a huge bumble bee that was gathering pollen from my yellow snapdragons,

picked a few peppers and played in the dirt,

made a nice colorful arrangement of produce in a big silver bowl,

and finished up our garden wanderings in the grape arbor. This is one of Lucy's favorite things to do . . . sit in the porch swing in the arbor and eat big bunches of grapes. We haven't been able to do it as much this past month because the wasps keep chasing us away!

Early fall produce. Love the colors. Love fall. Til next time . . .
3 comments:
I love this post
I love this post too. Especially seeing you in the garden with your grandbabies. It makes me think of my mom. :)
Wow - the good life in every way. Count your blessings! Love you so.
Post a Comment