
This was my disgusting upright freezer today at about eleven o'clock A.M. I wasn't sure what was underneath those ice pillows.

Today, I was a woman with a mission. A "do it or die trying" mission. The mission, if I chose to accept it, was to defrost and clean my frost encrusted, fleabag of an upright freezer. I had defrosted it at the beginning of the summer (possibly the summer of 2010?) and just after I defrosted it someone got something out of it and didn't close it tightly (grrrrr), thus it frosted over very quickly again. The situation was very grim. With the holidays almost upon me, I realized that I had to clear out space in the freezer. Had. To. Be. Done. I made sure that my last will and testament was all in order in case I didn't make it out alive and then . . . I went in.

This was my freezer today at about three o'clock P.M. Oh yeah, now that's what I'm talkin' about!

There were frozen peaches underneath the ice pillows. I'm none the worse for the wear except for some minor frostbite on my fingers.
Truthfully, I don't mind the defrosting and cleaning part of a job like this. It's the sorting through all the stuff and deciding what to throw away and what to keep that I hate to do. When I throw away food, I feel so not worthy. Whatever. Mission accomplished. Til next time . . .
1 comment:
Happy day! Sorry for all the work you had to do but indeed, mission accomplished - neat job. Did you shut the door tight? And what exactly happened to the peaches?
Post a Comment