
For the last week of May, I had my entire family at Lake Powell for the first time in six years. Basically, what that means, is that no one was on a mission and Mike & Erin and family were able to come this year. Mike was able to get an "almost summer" week away from his residency in Minnesota and he decided that he really wanted that week to be at Lake Powell. It was amazing for me to have all fourteen of us together for an entire week . . . almost surreal! We chugged the "Black Pearl" to Iceberg Canyon, this year . . . an absolutely beautiful spot. Once we were tied in to shore with no less than six ropes anchoring us in (Brent hates getting up in the middle of the night during a wind storm to reset ropes that have pulled loose) the fun began . . . quintessential Lake Powell. Lots of eating good food, swimming (with or without swim noodles), wakeboarding, water weenie wars, card playing, movie watching, tubing, sun bathing, marshmallow roasting, rock climbing and rapelling (compliments of our friend, Tyson May, this year), scorpion hunting at night with a black light (that would be Scott), snoozing, reading, star-gazing, chatting, fishing, photgraphing, hiking, skinny dipping (aka special swimming), and so forth. There's also the inevitable trouble shooting a variety of problems that can arise on the houseboat . . . the generator, the motors, the electrical system, the water pumps, etc. Half way through the week, the engine in the Malibu blew up (pretty much just like I said it) so we had to rent a boat for the rest of the vacation. It was pretty sad, expecially for Mike and Steve who don't get much time behind the boat. Everyone made the best of it and switched over from wakeboarding to slalom skiing and still managed to have a great time. The Malibu is still in the shop awaiting an "engine transplant". Always an adventure with the Hales!
Tube wars . . . Tyson and Skyler May vs Bryce May and Mike . . . they actually think this sort of thing is fun. 
Jordan getting drowned by Abbie and Landon. He showed us all his imitation of the elusive Lake Powell "rumpback whale" . . . just use your imagination 'cause I'm NOT posting a photo.
I thought I was going tube riding with my little grandkids but the second I got on the tube, the kids hopped off and Erin hopped on. Duped into taking a terror tube ride . . . my face tells the story! I know . . . I'm such a weenie
I brought a baby pool for the deck of the houseboat so that Noah could get in the water too . . . the lake was still pretty cold. Next thing I know . . . Rub a dub dub, three kids in a tub . . . they emptied it as fast as I could keep the warm water coming! Like, Lake Powell isn't big enough?
Laura's gonna looove this one . . . I wonder how long before I get a scathing comment? At least I know I'll get one comment!
Abbie with "Granny" and Great Grandpa Hale.
Landon watching a movie with Uncle Steve and Aunt Kalli. We watched at least one or two movies every day. This year we watched a lot more Disney than we have for awhile!There are so many other great photos that I'd love to post but I've really struggled just getting this much together . . . Brent probably has 600 photos on his Binford 2000 camera! Part of our Lake Powell crew had to leave a day early (Mike back to Minnesota to his residency, Steve back to Boston to start his program at MIT, Scott and Rachel back to Centerville to start their move to Kayesville, and Mom and Dad Hale back to Perry to start their recovery from a week at Lake Powell!) I sat on the back of the houseboat and watched them all leave (knowing that I wouldn't be seeing Mike and Steve for awhile) and just cried. My good friend, Julie, came back with some kleenex and an understanding heart. Thanks, Julie.
Til next time . . .



8 comments:
I have so many fun memories with you guys at Powell! I keep telling Derek it's the best place to go on vacation. I love all your pictures, and I am glad you were able to have all your family with you. Love you lot's!
Come on, you know you had fun on the tube with me. You can admit it. You know we're gonna make you do it again!! Thanks again for an awesome trip. I love you tons and tons!!!!! (oh, and thanks for that pic of Laura.....I laughed and laughed knowing how much she WILL hate it)
Sandra, love the pic of you on the tube with Erin. Yeah, fear factor! You had to really decide what pics to post here because there has been SO much fun and family on the trip. (Good one of Laura!) Love to see our kiddos together and with you and Papa. I love you lots, Nat
Thanks a lot dirt bag.
Looks like you guys had a blast! Family vacations are fun, esp. when you haven't all been together for awhile. And I think Laura looks cute! I wish I had look half that good at 7 months...
SWEET!!!!!!!!!! I think you witheld the best picture of you and Erin on the tube! Maybe I'll add it to my blog;)
Laura- you look hot and even 7 months prego you have the hottest legs ever!
Great pictures! Can't wait to see you and catch up!
Seeing pictures of Lake Powell makes me really miss going there! I am so glad you all were able to go this year. I am sure Laura will be mad about that picture due to her handi face in it but I think she looks adorable in her pregnant state! And I LOVE your face on the tube. I know how your boys drive when people are on those things and I would be making the same face! I think I probably did!
Post a Comment