Yes . . . you read it correctly. I'm in a shopping mall in picturesque Darling Harbour in Sydney, Australia. It's kind of surreal being here. The moon came up full and bright over the Sydney skyline tonight . . . I tried to get a photo of it but my camera just couldn't capture it. This is our second day in Sydney . . . we actually leave here for New Zealand the day after tomorrow. Today we found a little place called Harry's cafe (at Jordan's suggestion) where they serve famous Aussie meat pies. We ordered the Tiger which was a meat pie with mashed potatoes and mushy peas on top and gravy in a big pool in the middle. I was skeptical at first but I took my first bite and . . . oh my . . . meat pie ecstacy! We ate at a place called Peter Doyle's, last night, which is right on Sydney Harbour and it was possibly the best seafood I've ever eaten. So far, the food experiences have been superb! I'll need two seats on the plane home!
This morning Brent and I got up early and took a brisk walk over the Sydney Harbour bridge. We're staying in a condo really close to the bridge. The view of Sydney Harbour was just spectacular. Yesterday we toured the Sydney Opera House . . . very interesting architecture. The Opera House was originally to be built in three years at a cost of seven million dollars. It actually took 14 years and something like 103 million dollars to build. That's what you call a cost overrun! Tomorrow we're going up into the Blue Mountains to see the kangaroos and cockatiels in the wild. Not sure what else we'll be doing. The 15 hour plane ride over here wasn't really a treat but being in this city definitely is. I don't have my USB cord with me to upload photos . . . maybe next time I hit an internet cafe.
Bringin in the New Year with class
14 years ago



8 comments:
oh my gosh. LOVE Australia, and please, LOVE NEW ZEALAND even more! Say "hi" to Aotearoa for me, the land of the long white cloud!
How fun! I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures!
oooohhhhh I'm glad to find you here! Are you having the best time or what! My dream trip. Do it right! And come home safe to us so we can sit on the couch in a week and a half and you can tell me all about it! Play hard - love ya!
Hello from Sun Valley, I can't wait to see some photos, it sounds fabulous!
Hey are you still alive out there? Has the great white shark got you?
Wow that is so awesome that you guys are out seeing Austraila, totally jealous! I think next time I want seafood I'll have to tell Brad about your post.
And by the way the other day I was putting up our decorations and I thought of your house. How it always looks amaizng this time of year, how it smells and sounds. I miss it so much! Wow you'd think I was family the way I"m going on, but really I do miss you guys, and thanks for being my inspriation so that I will get off my bum and go and make my own house a home! Have a good trip, can't wait to see more pictures.
it's cold here in utah. very cold. curse you. and miss you.
Post a Comment